As a Modeling Department Supervisor
, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Department. You will be determining and working towards achieving the smoothest possible workflows and a proper communication with the other Departments and will be responsible for achieving the correct shows output, artistically and technically by properly distributing the tasks and maintaining the highest quality standards.Responsibilities
- Assures the evolution of the Modeling Department and generate a creative and stable Modeling workflow
- Planning and development of studio-standard Modeling workflow, tools, and their use on shows as well as assessment and management of resources for assets across all shows.
- Setting the direction and maintaining standards for the department.
- Working closely with CG supervisors on shows to ensure that the assets delivered by the department to satisfy the needs of the show.
- Regularly catch up with Modeling Leads, reviewing workflows, ensuring parity of approach across Trixter facilities.
- With the Department Manager, produces realistic schedules and help assign team resources.
- Help build and manage the team by being involved in recruitment and career development (training, appraisals).
- Work closely with software development, Department TD and Pipeline Supervisor to spec software needs for Modeling tools.
- Actively keeping up to date on production techniques, Modeling R&D and follow developments in techniques and technology and oversee new tools life–cycle, including prototypes, beta testing and feedback and roll-out of any updates.
- Communicate with other Heads Of Departments to ensure quality standards are met.
- Participates in the bidding process for the department section.
- Teaming up with the Project Manager, ensures and evaluates the needed personnel for accomplishing the tasks.
- Coordinates with the Shows Leads and Project Managers to ensure that the shows deadlines are met.
- Together with the Head of CG and the Pipeline Supervisor, establishes the workflows to achieve maximum efficiency within the department.
- Together with the CG Supervisors, establishes the workflows to achieve maximum efficiency within the Show.
- Oversees the output of the department on Shows and escalates possible deviations with the Modeling Show Leads.
- With the Department Coordinator and Lead Modeler, checks and triages the materials that go in the reviews.
- Participates in the completion of all Shows technical postmortems and follows up on achieving the new goals.