The Head of Assets (HOA) is responsible for day-to-day management across our Modeling, Texturing, Grooming, and Look-Development teams. The HOA will work closely with our Head of CG to achieve the smoothest possible workflows and inter-departmental communication, plus working with our CG Supervisors, VFX Supervisors, and the Production team to properly distribute cross-show tasks and ensure TRIXTER’s high artistic & technical standards are met.
The HOA will also mentor and train the team and, together with HR, will set clear and achievable goals for staff. Additionally, the HOA is responsible for allocating department resources for projects, plus reporting key changes in staff, tools, and workflows to upper management.
- Assuring the evolution of the Assets Department and generating Asset pipeline.
- Planning and developing best practices for asset build, tools and their use on shows.
- Assessment and management of resources for assets across all shows.
- Participating in the bidding process for assets.
- Working closely with show-specific CG supervisors to ensure satisfactory assets delivery on the show.
- Regularly catching up with asset leads and crew, reviewing assets and workflows, ensuring parity of approach across Trixter facilities.
- Coordinating with PM to produce schedules, assign resources and ensure show deadlines are met.
- Working with software development, Head of CG and Pipeline to spec software needs for assets tools.
- Keeping up-to-date on RnD and monitoring industry technologies developments and oversee new tools lifecycle, including prototypes, beta testing and feedback, and overseeing the rollout of any updates.
- Communicating with other HODs to ensure quality standards are being met.
- In conjunction with the Department Manager evaluation of needed personnel to accomplish tasks.
- Setting the direction and maintaining standards for the department.
- Quality checking the output of the department on all shows, before review admittance.
- With the Department Coordinator, presents the dailies to the CG and VFX Supervisors on the show.
- Participates in technical post-mortems and follows up on achieving new goals.