The Desktop Support Technician’s role is to support and maintain organisational computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. That includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all relevant hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via ticket system) in a timely and accurate manner and provide friendly, effective end-user assistance where required. Strategy & Planning
Acquisition & Deployment
- Maintain IT asset inventories
- Create and maintain IT and end user documentation using internal knowledge base
- Use the ticketing system to effectively coordinate support within agreed SLA’s
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Conduct research on, and make recommendations for, hardware products in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Provisioning of workstation, laptop and office IT equipment.
- Supporting Company hardware and software for in office and remote end-users
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues where possible and escalating where necessary.
- Provisioning and maintaining company user and email accounts.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
Formal Education & Certification
Knowledge & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Any relevant IT certifications MCP, MCSE, CompTIA, ITIL Foundation etc.
- Demonstrable interest in PC and desktop hardware.
- Excellent knowledge of PC and desktop hardware.
- Excellent knowledge of PC internal components.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Interest in IT, Visual Effects, Gaming or similar
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
This opening is only open to people with an EU citizenship or with an existing German Visa.
To apply, please send us your CV, Cover letter, availability and salary expectations below.