The Creature Supervisor should be experienced and passionate about building Creatures, in leading and mentoring teams, and be knowledgeable in all aspects of Creature Development. You will be defining the workflow and overseeing the process from both Artistic and Technical aspects. You will be establishing the best approaches to achieve hyper realistic deformations. The Creature Supervisor will work closely with HODs, VFX Supervisors, Producers, and other Department Supervisors to ensure that the productions’ needs are understood and met.
- Supervise and mentor, ensuring Artist’s work meets the shows’ and department’s needs.
- Highly proficient in facial rigging and body rigging.
- Deep knowledge in anatomy and muscle dynamics. Good eye for aesthetics of body/face deformations.
- Highly proficient in cloth/hair/flesh/rigid body simulations, setting up, running, and troubleshooting cloth, hair, flesh surfaces, and fur/feather simulations. Experience with lookdev.
- Participate in turnover and asset breakdowns meetings.
- Assist with the bidding/re-bidding process over the course of the show.
- Determine technical and aesthetics approaches to achieve targets on time while monitoring show/shot progress.
- Ensure quality standards are met by administering final quality control checks for all artist’s work.