Houdini / CFX Pipeline TD (Senior)
Employment type: Freelance
Years of experience: 5-7
- Work as a member of the CFX Department in close collaboration with the Pipeline/Development Team.
- Implement show specific solutions and tools in Houdini.
- Improve and refactor existing code, tools and HDAs.
- Integrate the CFX caching and publishing workflow into our custom PDG setup.
- Optimize the performance of existing CFX setups/rigs.
- Advanced knowledge of Python.
- Fluent in the usage of Version Control Systems (preferably git).
- Knowledge of Databases and Production Management Systems (preferably ftrack).
- Solid understanding of the VFX Production Workflow.
- Professional experience of working in a Pipeline/Development team for an established VFX/CG company.
- Hands on experience in defining and implementing FX/CFX workflows.
- Excellent knowledge of Houdini (Fur, Feathers, Vellum etc.) and Maya (Yeti) for Grooming and CFX.
- In-depth knowledge of Houdini’s Python API (HOM) and VEX/VOPs.
- Experience in optimizing Houdini scene performance (Performance Profiling, Compile Blocks etc.).
- Practical knowledge as a Houdini FX/CFX artist; Shot work experience.
- Experience with distributed scheduling systems (preferably tractor).
- Proficiency in additional programming languages: Bash, C/C++, OpenCL.