Head of Assets
TRIXTER Munich is currently looking for Head of Assets to join our team as soon as possible.
The Head of Assets (HOA) is responsible for the day-to-day management of department operations across modeling, texturing, grooming and look-development teams. With the Head of CG, the HOA determines and works towards achieving the smoothest possible workflows and ensuring proper communication with the other departments. Working closely with CG Supervisors, VFX Supervisors, and production, the HOA is responsible for delivering artistically and technically on cross-show quota and setting efficiency targets for the department, by properly distributing the tasks and maintaining the highest quality standards. The HOA is also responsible for mentoring and training the team and, together with HR, using KPIs (key performance indicators) to set goals and give constructive feedback to staff. On current and in-bidding projects, the HOA allocates department resources and indicates in a timely manner to upper management (HoCG, Production, HR) necessary changes regarding staff, tools and workflows.
- Assuring the evolution of the Assets Department and generating Asset pipeline.
- Planning and developing best practices for asset build, tools and their use on shows.
- Assessment and management of resources for assets across all shows.
- Participating in the bidding process for assets.
- Working closely with show-specific CG supervisors to ensure satisfactory assets delivery on the show.
- Regularly catching up with asset leads and crew, reviewing assets and workflows, ensuring parity of approach across Trixter facilities.
- Coordinating with PM to produce schedules, assign resources and ensure show deadlines are met.
- Working with software development, Head of CG and Pipeline to spec software needs for assets tools.
- Keeping up-to-date on RnD and monitoring industry technologies developments and oversee new tools lifecycle, including prototypes, beta testing and feedback, and overseeing the rollout of any updates.
- Communicating with other HODs to ensure quality standards are being met.
- In conjunction with the Department Manager evaluation of needed personnel to accomplish tasks.
- Setting the direction and maintaining standards for the department.
- Quality checking the output of the department on all shows, before review admittance.
- With the Department Coordinator, presents the dailies to the CG and VFX Supervisors on the show.
- Participates in technical post-mortems and follows up on achieving new goals.
- Establishing and maintaining a professional working environment that fosters a strong work ethic and creates a positive work experience.
- Training and mentoring department members.
- Overseeing the onboarding process of new department members.
- Working closely with Recruitment and Human Resources to identify recruitment needs.
- Participating in the recruiting process: reviewing artist demo reels and participating in interviews.
- With the Head of CG and HR, assessing training and development needs for artists.
- Escalation point for leads and artist management to resolve conflicts.
- With the Head of CG, maintaining the department’s Artist Rating System.
- Ensuring project success by making sure show teams have the tools and workflows they need to deliver on time, within budget and to the highest possible standard.
- Ensuring maximum efficiency of workflow procedures and tools.
- Reports to Head of CG and CG / VFX Supervisor – per show.
- Direct Reports: Modeling, Texturing, Look Dev and Groom Leads.
Please send your application and earliest availability via email to firstname.lastname@example.org